Sunday, March 11, 2018

Back on the Fire--Teapot's Return

Some of you who know me personally know that I do not attend church. I said it long ago in an ancient post, and it is still true. I feel very uncomfortable in regular church meetings due to my background in IFB and the subsequent and overwhelming emotional issues that accompany such a background.  

I skipped blogging the entire year of 2017. No excuses. Nothing stirred me to the point that I needed to let off steam, at least not in a public forum. I don't like to share if I don't think my words will help someone. And I didn't feel that anything I could say would edify or entertain or . . . anything. We went through a major remodel and I love the results. I may share more of that in the future. Also, I have fallen more in love everyday with my granddaughter. And this doting grandma dares you to find a sweeter, cuter, smarter little girl on the planet. I do NOT exaggerate. :0)

So, why come back to blogging at all? Isn't everything the same? You still aren't going to church, and you're still busy, and you are still doting on your granddaughter. What is new?

Actually nothing is new. But I received a reminder yesterday that God uses adverse circumstances to allow His children to show others His grace and love. 

My husband has joined a local church that has existed for a long time here in this area. I have visited that church over the years, and some of the things they once subscribed to really bothered me. However, in recent years, the church leaders have addressed those issues in a Godly manner. I still can't imagine going to a regular service on a regular basis. But, because of a major distraction and difficult event (husband's knee replacement), God sent my way a sweet friend who demonstrates the kind of life a Christian lives when they truly serve God and love others. She invited me to a women's luncheon. The ladies were sweet and friendly. The speaker's message broke my heart for her sorrow, and her words reminded me that I do have a story to tell. I can use my continuing hurt and my failures to demonstrate God's grace, and its best attribute-HOPE.


I know that even when I took that long walk to my van and lost my belief in Him and my faith was gone, He had not moved or changed. He knew I felt hopeless and hurt and useless. And remembering that has put this short, stout teapot back in the fire.

If you need a friend, a shoulder to cry on, or have questions, please let me know. With God's help, I will do my best to help and encourage you. Or just listen. 






With great love,
Teapotjan

Serve God. Love others.





No comments: