Saturday, July 27, 2013

Looking Past the Differences

All differences aside, I weep tonight for the Phelps family. Chad Phelps and his wife met their Savior this afternoon after a fatal accident on an off ramp barely a mile from their church and home. Many know his father, Chuck Phelps, from the Tina Anderson abuse story and the subsequent trial and ramifications.

I do not claim to know for certain if Pastor Phelps' actions during that time were right or wrong. But I do know that I have a Christian brother suffering one of the greatest hurts a human can face, the loss of a child. My prayers are with him, his family, and his church.

May God be glorified in this tragedy. May God give grace abundantly to those seeking His face. May God have mercy on any of us who cannot forget past problems long enough to lift up a fellow Christian before His throne.

In Grace,
Teapotjan

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, your thoughts are so true. Regardless of any differences, past or present; I am commanded to bear the burdens of others and weep with those that weep. I am responsible for only MY actions. I too am praying for all that are affected by this tragedy, but especially those who have experienced the loss of a family member.

SoldierShot said...

I'm having a hard time with this one. In fact, I think I'm finally going to go for some counselling next week because I am so alarmed about my thoughts regarding this accident. I'm trying to think if these people would declare God's judgment on me if this same thing happened to my family--and after much pondering, I believe the answer is that they would. In fact, like-minded people of this ilk did pronounce God's judgment on me when my family endured difficult times. But I know I'm not supposed to pass judgment, but there's a part of me that sure wants to. I've just seen too much hurt inflicted by these people. God help me please. I don't even know where my human compassion is right now. :*(