Monday, August 19, 2013

The Times, They are A-Changing

Today I celebrate the third anniversary of my 49th birthday. While I don't enjoy the physical changes that age brings about, I do embrace the lessons that the years have brought my way. It would be nice to be 25 again, but only if I could take my current brain with me. I look back at the 25 year old me, and think about how clueless I was and shudder at some of the things I thought and did. I firmly believe that God brings circumstances good and bad to change us into His image, and since I've already done so much growing, I don't want to repeat those lessons that were difficult to learn.

Also, this past weekend, my oldest child moved into her own apartment. She's not very far away, but as any parent with older kids knows, it's not the same when a child pays their own electric bill. I'm sad and glad all at the same time. You know, all bittersweet and stuff. In addition, we placed a ridiculously low offer on a nearby duplex, and it was accepted! So, we are on our way to being landlords. This is something we had been trying to do for quite a while but things had not fallen into place. Then, suddenly during this time of change, the Lord provided financing, downpayment, and legal options that made the purchase possible. And today, my youngest child started a new online school, Connections Academy. How's that for a lot to happen in a week?

My last post, "Nice Guys Finish Last?," drew some interesting comments both here and in personal messaging. Please remember that my blog acts as an outlet, and hopefully as a help to those experiencing some of the same things. The people in the incident I mentioned are still dear to me, and I certainly forgive them. But to forget what happened would leave me vulnerable to repeating the mistake. Maybe that's a good subject for another post soon. 

So, that's it for now. As things begin to calm down, I'll post more. I have a lot I have been pondering and want to share, but the timing and the Spirit just have not met up just yet. 

Changing, and learning,
Teapotjan






No comments: