Monday, April 29, 2013

Bitter, Bitter Tea

I have many, many thoughts crowding my head and stirring my heart today. Fallen heroes from my childhood. Changes in my beliefs. Christians taking firm stands against . . . . other Christians.

This short-but-not-sweet-entry finds me questioning the reasons behind separation from other Bible-believing, Gospel-preaching Christians. I, in my frail understanding, cannot see how it serves the cause of Christ. All of us who have accepted Christ as our Savior will fellowship in Heaven regardless of what style of Christian music we choose, what translation of the Bible we hold in our hearts, and how our pastor dressed in the pulpit. 

Dear Lord, please draw your children together. The world is in tumult and grief and sorrow surrounds us. Please, Lord, help us point others to You instead of pointing our fingers at others.


No comments: