Monday, April 22, 2013

Teapot's Tidbits

I sat on my pergola this morning with a hot cup of coffee and prayed. The sun warmed me while a cool breeze blew my hair and launched little helicopter seeds from the nearby trees. My dog, Roscoe came up and nuzzled my hand  and I reached and patted his soft, black fur. I had no where to go for a while, and the morning air was sweet and fresh. The Lord brought to mind some of the things I've read recently about His word and from His word and waves of wonder washed over me there under the blue sky He had touched with soft, white clouds. 

Then I began to think of other things that have brought me those same waves of wonder and joy through the years: the sound of my children's laughter, the majestic sequoia trees in California, my mother's smile after she woke up from surgery, and the grace that God gave me when I accepted His gift of salvation.

There are many struggles in my past, and more to come in the future, but there have also been many, many blessings to remember and more to look forward to in the years to come and through eternity. These sweet times and the memories of them are another gift God gives in the midst of trouble. Little tidbits of sweet, precious, grace.

The smallest of pleasures and the biggest of blessings. Thank you, dear Lord for these tidbits. Help me savor them and use them to recall your love. May your name be praised and may I always be grateful for all you give and do.

No comments: