Friday, May 10, 2013

Making Tea and Other Things

Just a short post tonight. 

I spent a good portion of the last two days I had off from work to make two robot figures for a friend. I truly enjoyed creating them, and I love how they turned out. They leave me tomorrow and I'm a little sad. Isn' that funny?

Making them reminded me of how some people have looked at me in the past when I told them how much I loved art and drama and classical music and collecting,etc. And when I would tell them that I took acting, drama and stage directing in college-that pretty much did me in as a useful person. Suddenly, I was one of those city-dwelling, Hollywood, tree-hugging types.

Though I do enjoy living conveniently close to town, I have no desire to act in Hollywood, and I haven't hugged a tree in years. But what I truly am is a creator, and I enjoy the work of other creators--read "artists."

The first act of God in the Bible is Creation. One look at the world He created reveals His love of beauty, and art. The entire planet sings His glory. The sky provides the perfect canvas for His breathtaking art at sunrise and sunset. The smallest flower shows His care for detail. And His creation of humankind in His own image calls for us to create as well.

So, write a poem. Paint a picture. Sing out loud. Balance accounts. Create a computer program. Cook a great meal. Whatever you can create, praise God with it and do it for His glory. Oh, and work at not looking at people with different creative talent than yours like they want to be city-dwelling, Hollywood, tree-huggers.

One of His creations,
Teapotjan

No comments: